Finally found a top notch smith for Tikka rebuild
When I saw Mike Bushes Tikka T3 build a year or so ago I really liked what I saw. Unfortunately my Tikka is a left-handed and finding a replacement stock was a real pain. I was finally able to pick up a LH Hinderland laminated classic ultra light stock. Mike didn’t seem interested in taking on my project so I’ve been searching long and hard for another top notch smith to rebuild my rifle. Most of the best g-smiths around the country flat out didn't want to work on the Tikka's.
Chad Dixon at LongRifles Inc in Sturgis SD received my LH Tikka yesterday and I’m hoping to have it back by the end of Sept.
Here’s my build.
• Face off the small factory receiver recess and blue print the action
• Install/pin Remington heavy duty style recoil lug and contoured the lug to the outside of the receiver.
• Install a #3 24” Brux barrel chambered for .243 win
• Thread for a for suppressor Muzzle Cap 5/8” X 24 TPI
• Cerakote barreled action
• Pillar bed the action to stock
I’ve asked Chad to take pics of the build and if so I’ll post them when I get them.
Log in to reply.