MemberMarch 3, 2020 at 3:38 pm105 Bullseyes
If I was rebuilding or re-barreling a 7mm Mag (me being bias) I would most likely go with the 7LRM for these reasons:
– Good barrel life…expect close to 2000rds depending on how hot you are loading.
– Better proven accuracy than the 7mm Mag…lots of data to support it in the reloading community.
– Better performance than the 7mm Mag, especially with 180gr projectiles.
– No real noticeable recoil increase form 7mm Mag.
– Non belted case for hand loading, brass is now more available.
– Longer case neck for projectile support, great for tuning seating depth.
– The case design feeds very well in all rifles with long projectiles.
The 7LRM is a hand loaders dream for performance in my opinion but again all this gun stuff is fun to play with. This is what i would do, but I'd throughly enjoy hearing about your 7mm practical if you decide to do it. There's no wrong direction as long as you are happy with the result.